ERGONOMIC HAIRDRESSER SEAT
Neck, sholder and back pain are common amoung hairdressers because of the standing position they often have when cutting hair (raised sholders and arms). Acorn Design worked closely with Lena Staddeland and her team to create a chair which deals with many of the ergonomic issues which arise from daily use of current hairdresser chairs.
To help with improve these ergonomic issues the Sanasella chair is the lowest hairdresser seat on the market. We removed the common foot pump and replaced it with an easily accessable push button, on both sides of the chair, to raise and lower the seat. There is a rounded seat design, 360 degree rotation for easy access to the client from all angles and open base plate that allows the hairdresser to move closer to the client. We have chosen easy-to-clean materials and created an open design to make cleaning and brushing away hair easier.
- Logo Design: Presentation of a series of concepts and supply of logo pack
- Research: Current market trends and competitive products
- Concept Development: Sketches and computer renderings were presented
- Concept to Production: Moving the product from concept to production through the use of 3D software
- Manufacturing: Sourcing new manufacturers and liaising with our existing suppliers and manufacturers to finalise the design and prepare it for production.
- Detailing: Finalising the 3D design and creating 2D technical drawings for manufacture and production.
- Supply of all final files and drawings required for ongoing production
- Support: Continued design and manufacturing support to Sanasella