The Alu Design OPL Series is a collection of operator chairs which Acorn Design have created to allow for easily customisable seating. Mounting monitors, control buttons and joysticks on armrests are essential in these high end operator chairs. Consequentially, there is also a need to conceal cables. The OPL Series seats are therefore designed so cables can be concealed in the armrest and chair column and a cable tower has also been created to encase and support large quantities of cables where needed. In continuing to keep the concept clean and elegant Acorn Design also designed and developed the chair so welding is not required. This helps reduce costs in production and allows the chair to be taken apart easily should technical components, such as monitors, needed maintenance or repair.
-- Research: Current market trends and competitive products
- Concept Development: Sketches and photo-realistic renderings were presented
- Concept to Production: Moving the product from concept to production through the use of 3D software
- Manufacturing: Sourcing new manufacturers and liaising with existing Alu Design suppliers and manufacturers to finialise the design and prepare it for production.
- Detailing: Finalising the 3D design and creating 2D technical drawings for manufacture and production.
- Supply of all final files and drawings required for ongoing production
- Support: Continued design and manufacturing support to Alu Design